QComp has teamed up with ABB and is now offers YuMi, the first truly dual armed collaborative robot, designed for a world in which humans and robots work together. Definition: A collaborative robot or cobot is a robot that can safely and effectively interact with human workers while performing simple industrial tasks.
However, end-effectors and other environmental conditions may create hazards, and as such risk assessments should be done before using any industrial motion-control application. The ABB YuMi is intentionally designed to resemble its human counterparts to be friendly and nonthreatening with a compact, dual-arm body which requires no more space than a human workstation. The YuMi is highly accurate with built in force compliance for two arms working in coordinated assembly operations. Or the arms can work independently as two completely separate 7 axis robots.
- YuMi is the first truly collaborative robot solution. Safe by design. Work close with humans.
- Size of human torso. Built in controller. 14 axis of motion.
- Easy to deploy program. Camera based vision options.
- Inspection & vision guided assembly.
- Small parts assembly. Packaging of small goods. Consumer goods. Toy industry. Medical industry.
- Standard tooling options. Mechanical servo gripper, vacuum, in arm or external camera options.
- Small parts Feeders optional.
- Best in class accuracy. State of the art motion control. High Speed 1500mm/sec.
- Padded Arms – Including internal wiring and air.
- Ease of Use – Lead through programming.
- Dual Arm – Multi-tasking – Can process two tasks at same time.
- ESD Compliance – Can work with open electronics.
- 500mm Reach, 500 g Payload, 100-240 Volt, Unit weight 38Kg.